Sunday, October 17, 2010

mommy moments:: two


Awhile back I complained about the second child syndrome that had been troubling me.  It seemed that we were all so busy preoccupied with Kannon, life, and other business that we forgot about the second bean in my belly.  While Clark may have gotten slightly ignored while in the womb, he is certainly not ignored now.  Rather, he has become another star in our lives, always bringing a calming air to our insanity.

We are in love.


With Kannon in the care of grandma I spent the week hibernating with my new love.  Already, I have taken note to how different Kannon and Clark are.  Kannon is exuberant, silly, and independent.  From the very beginning Kannon made it clear that he needs his own space.  While Kannon slept the first few weeks away, Clark spends hours awake each day, staring at world, alert and calm.   But really there is no comparison, each child is so different from the other and I love getting to know both of them.

It has been a challenge learning how to balance the two.  Grandma went home yesterday and for the first time I had to tackle getting two kids in and out of the car, fed, bathed, and to bed.  I found myself on the freeway with two kids crying in the back seat singing as loudly as could, if not to calm them, to calm me!  My life has begun to look a little crazy!

While it may be crazy I am in love.  Second time parenting is so beautiful.  It is full of snuggles, cuddles, and kisses without those first time parenting fears that you are doing something wrong.  We are enjoying every moment, knowing how quick it all goes by.

My quiet time with Kannon is all the more precious now.  He is walking more and more, learning how to use puzzles, and push and pull toys.  He is turning one in 11 days and growing up way too fast.


Even Clark is growing too fast!

And 8pm could not come soon enough each day, when Kannon and Clark are both asleep, and I can finally focus on me before I crash into a dreamy abyss.

1 comment:

  1. my two are night and day different. it's such a treat :O) can't wait to meet them!

    ReplyDelete