Friday, October 15, 2010

mama confesses:: name changes

Early on in our pregnancy we had several names in mind for our little guy.  Dale and I went back and forth between a few and never seemed to agree.  Finally, while watching Lois & Clark, Dale jokingly suggested Clark. 

Yeah, right. 

We are not naming our kid after superman. Or Xmen, Spiderman, or any other superhero.

But then, it grew on me.  Clark.  It just sounded nice.  It flows well with Kannon.  And before I could tell Dale, I was already rubbing my swollen belly calling our unborn son, Clark. 

Clark (according to babycenter) is French for "scholar".  It is not a super common name but its not outlandish.  It is classic and perfect for our little man. 

So yes, when people ask us where we came up with the name, we thank Superman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment