Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 10: Where did my energy go?

I am now 10 weeks pregnant. I have been blessed with a so far healthy pregnancy free of most symptoms! I had no morning sickness and while this worried me at first, I realize how fortunate I am not to be praying the the porcelain god daily! However, even though morning sickness is nonexistent other symptoms are strangely present.

This week's developments:

1.) Hungry 8 times a day: It appears I am constantly hungry. I eat and then twenty minutes later, I am famished. When I get hungry, there is nothing getting in my way, I want food hunger!!! (Apparently, this is typical of women pregnant with boys....)

2.) Heartburn: I am swallowing tums by the handful. I never had heartburn before and now I understand what all the commercials are for...it is terrible!

3.) Exhaustion: I sleep 12 hours a day, wake up more tired than I was the day before, yet at bedtime I cant seem to close those eyes!

4.) Vivid Dreams: I have a usually awesome dream habit but now it has just ballooned. My dreams are so vivid and detailed and usually parallel to a strange reality. Last night I dreamed I was at work and I woke up thinking great, I did all this work yesterday, today is gonna be great....not, it was just a dream.

5.) Moodiness: One minute I am crying over spilled milk the next I am screaming at Dale for no reason.

It has been so amazing watching all these symptoms appear. My body is ever changing, everyday my belly is a little bigger, my hair a little thicker. Its great! I am clearly approaching my second trimester, which I hear is where the fun begins as for most women, the second trimester is the easiest. Dale says I have a glow and already I am beginning to see each day through rose colored glasses.

This week is spring break which brings relief to my tired eyes. We are headed to Seattle for a couple of days to catch up with old friends and get a taste of the city we left behind. I am sure I will find Seattle charming and kick myself for ever moving but I just need to remember that I like my open fields and traffic free mornings. Nonetheless it will be a nice, even though short, trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment