Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Big Journey

From 02.25.09 POSTIVEly Fun

***I posted this somewhere else but thought I would post it again for you all.

Dale and I met in January 2008 and fell in love and were married in October 2008. Last year was a wonderful year as we traveled, met each others families, and began sharing our life together. We loved Seattle but knew that it was time to venture out and settle down. We decided to move to Missoula, MT because I am originally from Montana and have dreamed of nothing more than starting our family in Montana.

We havent been actively trying to concieve, we just stopped taking birth control. All month, I have had pregnancy signs and never recognized them. I was waking up at 2 am thirsty and hungry. I had these sudden cravings for kale and swiss chard. I love blue cheese and the sight of it sent me hurling. It wasnt until I woke up at 4 am last week and realized that my period was a week late.
My husband and I took our home pregnancy test--nervous of its results. Not even seconds later 2 big pink lines appeared. I dont think it could have been MORE positive.
I brought the test to my husband and showed him, it took him a minute to figure out what the two lines meant, but the second he figured it out, he had this priceless expression of joy and happiness.

We laid in bed and discussed our future. We have moved fast but my life has never felt more natural or full of life. We have an incredible journey ahead of us and I look forward to the next 8 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment