Thursday, March 19, 2009

Its a baby! Due October 27, 2009!




Dale and I shared a huge moment of relief today when we saw our little one flickering away on the ultrasound screen! And to think I was worried I wasn't actually pregnant!!!

We are 8 weeks 2 days and due October 27th. Which means our baby was conceived around my birthday! Our little gummy bear is not even 1 inch but we could still see its heartbeat! We have our next appointment April 16th, I will be in my second trimester then!
I was a little worried about how our doctor's visit would go. I randomly picked our doctor from the phone book and I am so glad I did! Our doctor, Dr. Baumgartner, is a very nice, professional man who slightly reminds me of my Uncle Tom--the guy who delivered me! It turns out our doctor is from Arizona, went to school in Seattle, and lives in Missoula with his wife and six kids! We had a lot to talk about during our appointment!

The best part of the day (besides seeing our ultrasound) was the goody bag we got to take home. The doctor provided us with a copy of What to Expect When you are Expecting, a bunch of free magazines and baby catalogs, samples of prenatal vitamins, formula samples, and a Pregnancy journal.

The last few days, I have been a complete basket-case. Most of pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness have gone away. I was reading all these things about how that could be a sign of something more serious. The last two nights were sleepless, full of nightmares of miscarriages, or seeing an empty ultrasound. I was so freaked!

I guess I am one of those lucky individuals that breezes through pregnancy. The doctor said I was lucky! We are healthy, happy, and have practically perfect genes on both sides...so we are blessed! We were also very happy to hear that once you see the baby's heartbeat, chances of miscarriage are 1%. I think it is safe to say, we are definitely having a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment