Sunday, March 8, 2009

Almost 7 weeks!

Everyday this week I have discovered something different about my body and this whole pregnancy thing is starting to sink in. I am almost 7 weeks pregnant (according to my calc) and this week the morning sickness started:(

I had my usual breakfast and could hardly stomach it. I ate a piece of toast instead and napped for two hours only to wake up nauseous then. At work, it is so embarrassing because I am not that much older than the high schoolers I work with and every time I run to the bathroom I think teachers and students assume I am a pregnant teen, as they look at me with deeply sympathetic eyes.

Ice cream and water with lime have been my best friends during these queasy times--of course ice cream has and always will be my best friend!

I also have this stupid cough right now. It hasnt gotten worse or better and the school nurse said that the cough has been going around and there is nothing I can really do for it. It is especially annoying at night, right when I am about to fall asleep the coughing fit starts. I will ask my doctor about it when we go but for right now, its a minor discomfort.

Aside from the morning sickness I am starting to experience all the wonders of pregnancy. Relatives may want to stop reading now as it may be a little TMI.

My boobs have swelled up and are extremely sensitive. I dont fit into any of bras anymore and their size is causing extreme back pain. In addition, my veins are pulsating through my chest and my areolas have gotten extremely dark--so dark I thought Dale may have bruised them during the night!

I noticed yesterday that I have a dark line running up my lower belly. I know that for some women this line gets super dark and I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be one of those women....which kind of freaks me out because I thought that line was always a little weird.

I have a bump! Before getting pregnant I always had a little extra pudge but the last couple days I have noticed by little belly feeling hard and making my jeans impossible to keep zipped. My pants are getting tight and much sooner than I expected!

Here are some of my weird cravings this week:
1.) Pickles with mustard
2.) Cottage cheese with blueberries salt & black pepper
3.) Ice cream with bananas...okay not that weird, but I usually hate bananas.
4.) Navajo tacos
5.) Orange soda

All these changes are so exciting! However, I am super nervous all the time and just keep thinking that I am going to wake up one day I wont be pregnant. We have our first ultrasound on March 19 and I will relax after that, I think? Dale and I have so many questions! Is sex safe? Can I eat this? Can I take cough medicine? Is running okay? What about having animals sleep on our bed? The list is endless! We are first timers and I suspect that the questions will never end!

No comments:

Post a Comment