Sunday, March 29, 2009

Karate Knitting Master.... (The easiest baby blanket ever!)


In an effort to bond with the little one growing inside me I decided to knit our baby's first blanket. 5 skeins of yarn and two weeks later the blanket is finished.

While I was knitting, I contemplated baby names. I watched over dozen movies and I gossiped with new and old friends. I used to knit all the time but as the years go on it seems I knit less and less. Being pregnant, tired and energetic all the same, has given me a great opportunity to take up knitting again. I forget how meditative it is to work needles and create blankets, scarves, and hats out of nothing.

The blanket is done and beautiful! I will post pictures soon. The pattern was simple and quick. For all you knitters out there:

Using 9mm needles and Vanna's Choice yarn (Micheal's)

Cast on 5
1 Row: Knit
2 Row: Knit 3, YO Knit 2
3 Row: Knit 3, YO, Knit 3
4 Row: Knit 3, YO, Knit to end

Repeat until you have 160 sts then:
Knit 2, Knit 2tog, YO, Knit2tog
Repeat until 5 sts remain.

It was that easy!

Now on to the next knitting project, a hat for Dale and a baby hat and booties for the little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment