Tuesday, March 30, 2010

mama vents:: hot water

It is time for another vent.  It is Tuesday and we all know how I feel about Tuesdays.  Terrible.  No good, very bad days.  On this terrible Tuesday not only am I sleepless, hungry, and tired but I am also stinky thanks to our hot water heater.

Dear Water Heater,

You have provided so many with warm luxorious showers over the year yet when it comes to my turn I suddenly find your water cold and harsh.  This a recent change in our relationship and I am puzzled as to why you have turned your back on me.

Perhaps it is the strain that our household has been putting on you.  I know the dishwasher and the washing machine don't help.  Perhaps it is the houseguest that has been making a permanent appearance in the apartment downstairs.  Perhaps it is simply that everyone else takes showers longer than necessary.

I don't ask for much.  All I want is a shower.  This is the forth time this week that I have found cold water instead of warm.  I haven't showered since Washington.  I am tired of being stinky.  I smell worse than my wet, muddy dog and spit up covered son. 

So on this terrible Tuesday, please refill your warmth quickly because I am two seconds away from asking the neighbors if I can use their shower.

Much Love,
Stinky Mama

PS While you are at it, will ask the dishwasher loading ferries to come.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I can completely empathize with this fervent plea.

    Last year I spend a good, oh, 3-4 months with no hot water at all. I learned to take a deep breath and try to to squeal as I hot myself down with icy-cold water as fast as I could. It was only the day before my landlord was going to come to fix the heater, that someone mentioned that there might be a light-switch which actually turned on the "broken" water heater. Sigh...

    But even then, after about 5 minutes, the tiny thing would run out of juice and it'd be time to rinse the soap off before it got too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Maybe you can get your hot-water tank to come talk to mine; I completely fail to understand how some days, when I'm the first one out of bed and into the shower, there's no hot water, while on other days, at the same time and in the same circumstances, there's plenty. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete