Thursday, December 30, 2010

mama confesses:: reflection

(I am pretty sure this will be Kannon's Senior Picture in about 18 years....hehe)

I can't believe at midnight tomorrow we will be barreling into 2011. A new year.  If its anything like this year, it will pass by in a blink and I will be writing this same blog on the 'eve of 2012. Time flies.  It disappears before you realized it was even missing.  2010 started with a peaceful slumber of a new babe and the snowy nights of Montana.  From there it got crazy, blew by us like a tornado, and all of a sudden we are in Seattle with 2 kiddos.  I can barely catch my breath. 


2010 was the craziest, busiest, most sleep deprived year of my life.  It was also the most wonderful, purposeful, beautiful year of my life.  We kept a family together.  We nourished one child while nurturing and growing another.  We made a plan--a future.  We grew up.  Our children grew up.  We fell in love over and over again each day.  This year was the best year.  I can't wait to see next year and the many years after that. 

I have so many resolutions for the coming year.  I want to be a better mom, to focus even more on my children as they grow.  I want to visit family and friends that are often separated by distances.  Much of my family has yet to meet Kannon, let alone Clark.  I want to a better pet-owner and return to my once daily trips to the dog park for Emma.  Most of all, I want to continue growing and loving my husband and the family we created. 

But for now, I am happy to share each day with my crew and enjoy the most of what is left of 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment