Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dear Kannon:: Merry Christmas


Dear Kannon,

Last night at about 8:40 I went into your room to feed your brother and you promptly jumped up in your crib and signed "all done".  I said to you, "all done with sleep?  I dont think so?" and laid you back down.  You jumped up again and shook your hands harder and shook your head no and signed "all done" again.  I gave you a book and let you rest.  Then I put you back in your crib, laid you down, and kissed your head, and you signed "more". 

More what?  More kisses?  More reading? Or more sleep? 

I closed the door and thought you are a big boy now.  You eat giant meals, you play with blocks and trucks, and even a light saber.  You walk down the stairs like a big boy.  You walk to the car by yourself.  You demand to things all on your own.  You are very independent. You are now 14 months old and showed me today what a toddler you are. 

So, I thought, the best early Christmas gift I could give you was your own space.  Your freedom to roam.  Your room. (Its not just your room, you share with Clark).  We set up a full size mattress for you, put some simple white sheets on it, and grabbed your favorite quilt.  You quickly grabbed 3 more blankets, your monkey, your sippy cup, and your turtle and you laid down.  Apparently, you didn't have a big enough party, because you got up a few minutes later and grabbed a book, your nighttime dog, and your seahorse.  And then it happened.  You slept.  Peacefully. 

I can't wait for tomorrow to see you wake up.  No longer are you bound by the rails and bars of your crib.  You have books, animals, and blankets waiting to greet you in the morning.  I hope fore once that we are awoken by laughter instead of screams.  You are big boy.  Now its time to see the real you.

Merry Christmas.


Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment