Thursday, December 23, 2010

sleep.

We aren't getting much sleep lately.  Between Dale's late night schedule, the etsy orders I have been cranking out, and Clark who can't decide what his schedule is, I am lucky if I get 5 hours.   The lack of sleep leaves us a little less than 100%.  We lose things, snap at each other, and fall asleep 5 minutes into Top Chef.  The sleep issue has somehow created a black hole for things to fall into.



Like the cinnamon rolls I bought from the store and have a receipt showing their purchase.
Like our cell phone charger which was here and then gone.
Like Dale's work apron which apparently walked its way out of our house.
and sadly, like the ipod touch we got new just last week.  Lost. Stolen.  Whatever you call it.

Alas, I digress. I have spent the week addressing the sleep issue and I think I have it down.  If Clark goes to bed at 8pm, I have to wake him up at midnight to nurse, otherwise he will sleep till 3 and then wake up every hour after that.  If he goes to bed at 10, he sleeps through the night.  What a weirdo!  

The boys are sharing a room and have been for the last few weeks and it is going remarkably well.  Kannon, formerly a light sleeper, doesn't even stir when I come in to nurse.  And lastly, Kannon just moved into a real bed.  That's right peeps, I kicked him out of the crib and put him in a queen size bed on the floor.  His first reaction?  Grabbed a blanket, his monkey, and rolled around.  I think he gets the idea.  We will just see how the rest of the night goes.

Anyways, I apologize fore the lack of postings lately, things are just to effin' busy around here!!!!  I can't wait for Christmas so I can recover.  Santa will you bring me sleeping pills and a breast pump?

No comments:

Post a Comment