Saturday, December 18, 2010

funny story.

Sorry I have been MIA lately.  With Dale's restaurant opening and the holidays, I just haven't had time to jump on the computer.  But, here is a funny story---

After getting frustrated with my OB about birth control options because he wouldn't listen to my needs I decided to make an appointment with Planned Parenthood.  Well, Wednesday I drove myself down to their office and was so excited to find a doctor who actually LISTENED to what I wanted.  After one oops, Dale and I aren't taking chances.  We decided on Implanon-- a matchstick sized rod inserted in your arm that is good for 3 years! 

Thursday, I went in to PP again for the actual insertion.  They asked me to give a urine sample.  No problem, I said.  I peed in a cup for 9 months, so what's one more!  I did my business and waited in the office.

An hour went by. 

And finally, 2 people walked in, with very serious faces.

"Well, unfortunately, we can't give you the Implanon today because you had a positive pregnancy test".

Me, after nearly scraping myself off the floor, told them this was impossible.  VERY impossible. In fact so impossible, I was willing to pee on 30 sticks to clear the air.  They asked me to wait a few minutes.

A few minutes later, they came back and told me that it was their error.  There was another "Katherine" in the office and they switched the cups.  Just to be sure, I re-tested. NEGATIVE!

Whew. 

So after resting on the table for 30 minutes waiting for my heart rate to return to normal, I am happy to say that I am indeed not pregnant and won't have to think about pregnancy for 3 years thanks to the little rod in my arm. 

1 comment: