Sunday, November 23, 2014

10 weeks


This week was exciting as we had another appointment on Monday.  I took the boys with me and they got to hear the baby's strong heartbeat and see the baby in the ultrasound.  Kannon said "What a beautiful sound!" and Clark said "aww, it's giving me a headache!" Baby's heart beat was 166 bpm.

The doctor was very happy with the growth our baby has been doing and noted that the subchorionic bleed is COMPLETELY gone! This made me very happy as I have been very worried. The doctor said with the subchorionic bleed gone and having heard the heartbeat twice now that we were safe to start announcing!

Our close family and friends already knew but I had been waiting to say anything at work or to other friends.  I told my work and they already suspected because I was no longer drinking coffee and have been sporting an obvious baby bump! I was so nervous to share with my principal but like others, she had already suspected something was up and was excited. I am not planning on saying anything to my 2nd graders unless they ask or until I am HUGE!  I am not ready for them to ask questions like "where do babies come from?"

I am going to start shopping for maternity clothes soon. I know you show sooner with every pregnancy but this one seems to have popped out overnight!  I thought Dale shrunk my pants! When we moved to Texas, I got rid of EVERYTHING baby related except our stroller and a few nicknacks.  It has been fun putting a registry together on Amazon but before I buy anything for baby I need to get a few maternity clothes as I can no longer zip my pants!




Date: 11/23/14
Week: 10 weeks 5 days
Estimated baby size: a kumquat
Weight Gain: 3 pounds
Symptoms:
morning sickness, aversion to COFFEE, MOODY, THIRSTY, insomnia, running nose, and sneezing!
Cravings: Anything with cilantro!
What is baby doing?: Baby is about an 1-inch long and if you could take a peek inside, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.

                  

10 weeks 5 days, I popped overnight!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kat! It's so exciting to see your family grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - congratulations! Been a long time since I've read a blog of yours, and I was suprised to not only see that you moved away from Seattle, but EXPECTING too! Ah! And your boys have gotten SO big! Cha-cha-cha-changes! Anyway, congrats again on all the great things you have going on in your life right now! =]

    ReplyDelete