Tuesday, November 30, 2010

mommy moment:: life

I used to.....

Stay out till 2am
Sleep till noon
Do laundry once a month
Clean house once a month
Read books, knit, and lay on the couch for hours at a time
Drink beer, wine, and the occasional cocktail or two (or three, four, and five)
Got dressed up every day, make-up and everything

Now...

I get 2 hours of sleep at a time. 
Bed at midnight, up at 2, 4, 6 and 8 (for real this time)
Clean house EVERYDAY (it neverends)
Laundry EVERYDAY (again, it neverends)
Read baby books and run up and down the stairs umpteen times a day
Drink a whole pot of coffee daily
Dressing up means clean sweats and shirt


Worth it....

To see my boys sleeping in the same room peacefully
To see Kannon give Clark kisses for no reason or real understanding
To see Clark smile big gummy smiles at my sight every morning
To hear Kannon babble in his carseat as though he is talking to us
To hear Kannon laugh as he rolls and growls pretending to be a dog
To get wet, sloppy kisses from both Kannon, the dog, and my husband
To have Kannon bring me a book and sit in my lap with it
To be a mom to two wonderful boys

1 comment: