Sunday, November 21, 2010

mama vents:: one hot mess

Its been a while.  I haven't vented to my computer because when I need a good long vent session, its usually drowned by screaming children or barking dogs.  Tonight, at almost midnight, I feel the need to vent.  Scream. Shout.  Jump around.   

I have no reason to vent.  Its just one of "those" days.  Remember that birthday card Dale got me last year?  My life suddenly looks like the picture.  I barely have time to get a few sips of coffee in before babies call for my attention.  Lets look at the numbers.

Cups of Coffee in a day: 4, sometime 5 of which only one was hot when drunk.
Hours of Sleep: 4 1/2, maybe 6 if I get to sleep in.
Loads of laundry in a week: 6
Pee-breaks in day: 3, maybe 4....I know this is bad, I just forget!
Meals eaten in a day: 1, 2 if you count the mini-sized snicker bar
Showers in a week: 1...ugh it smells in here.
Time not attached to a baby: 2 1/2 hours during naps...if I am lucky.
Warm meals eaten in a week: none
Items fished from toilet: 4
Shirts dirtied by spit-up: 6....then I stopped counting.
Cups of coffee::  NOT ENOUGH!

Okay, there really is not enough caffeine in the world to wake me up some days.  I stumble around half-awake avoiding kids toys, dirty clothes, and trying my hardest not to lose my cool.  There is so much I want to vent about (my husband's closet, dishes in the sink, spilled milk, blah, blah) but there is no need. Tomorrow, it will be the same.  Some days, I am bothered by this, and other days I walk around like a hot-mess but absolutely elated with my life. But on both days, my life looks a lot like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment