Wednesday, April 28, 2010

photo therapy:: growth


Kannon is 6 months old.  To this day I am still amazed at how fast Kannon is growing.  He has been on this earth for less time then he was in my belly but I feel like he has been a part of my life all along.  His smiles, laughs, and milestones make my heart grow bigger, better, and unlike anything I felt before.


What amazes me more is to look at Kannon's sweet face and rub my belly, a place that once belonged to Kannon---now filled with a new baby.  Life is a miracle.  I read and re-read both the What to Expect When You are Expecting and the What to Expect the First Year with even more gratefulness and wonder at life and all its beauty. 


In one year, Kannon has grown from a tiny seed into the little man he is today.  I furrow my brow in disbelief thinking that Kannon was once inside me.  I touch my belly excited that this new baby is coming into a such a wonderful world with a big brother and a family that offers so much love.


Today, on Kannon's 6 month birthday, we strive to continue learning and growing as parents, partners, and human beings. We watch as Kannon grows and discovers his world.  We wait for Kannon's little BROTHER to join our family.  We live, love, and enjoy life.


***That's right, its a BOY!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's amazing having two same-gendered kids. I'm smitten with it anyway. So exciting for your family....!

    ReplyDelete