Friday, October 23, 2009

Playing Hooky!

We realized on Wednesday with the upcoming arrival of family and baby that it was our last day to truly enjoy "just the two of us"--so we played hooky! Dale and I both took the day off, slept in, cleaned the house, went for a walk and enjoyed what will be our last movie for awhile by attending "Where the Wild Things Are". It was such a relaxing day and gave us a chance to celebrate each others company before the real party begins!

Thursday, my grandparents arrived giving me a few more days to get spoiled before this little one steals my thunder! We have enjoyed showing them Missoula, dining out, and of course shopping! And of course, we celebrated Dale's 28th b-day by first enjoying an afternoon happy hour riverside at Finn&Porter and then feasting ourselves on steak and potatoes (true Montana food!) at the Depot Restaurant!

Today marked the beginning of my maternity leave, as I packed up my office, changed my voicemail and announced to the world that I will be gone until December 1st!

Now that our bellies are full, our to-do lists accomplished, and our final moments together savored, we are ready for this little one to arrive!!!! Until then, we will take it easy, and celebrate the arrival of my mom (tomorrow!) who will surely help us get the party started!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh, how exciting! You are in the home stretch! Good luck and have fun!... I wish I had some excuse to go on maternity leave (without the pregnancy part, of course!)!
    Love, Hilary

    ReplyDelete