Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall, Summer, Winter, Fall is Here



Whew, these last two weeks have been a whirlwind as Dale and I have traveled to and from Big Sky, MT, worked 8-day work weeks, and shuffled between wearing flip-flops and heavy sweaters as, in typical Montana fashion, the weather varies between wintry chills and summer heat!

First, for all those who were wondering, Dale passed his Introductory Sommelier Course and Exam in Big Sky, MT last week! We stayed at a colleague's house, where I relaxed in a hot tub with majestic views, and Dale and co-workers studied hard for two long days. I knew Dale was a whiz when it came to wine but after two days surrounded by cork dorks I realized how extensive his knowledge is! To top it all off, he nailed a few blind tastings, identifying even grape varietal, region, and VINTAGE! I am confident that Dale will be able to pass the next level which is the Certified Sommelier Exam when the next opportunity comes around.


A very proud Dale!!

It was beautiful in Big Sky. The air was crisp and cool and the skies blue. I enjoyed my time relaxing, enjoying my last opportunity to cart around my Nikon without a baby strapped to me. I spent a few hours in Bozeman and caught up with an old friend and took a little hike with Emma to get some fresh air and see some waterfalls. Usually, leaving Bozeman always saddens me as it is my home, but this time, I was excited to return to Missoula and the home I share with my husband and family. I know many Bozeman trips are in the future but for now, I have decided that I can live in Missoula (however, I still refuse to become a Griz Fan!).



We had tons to do when we returned to prepare not only for baby's arrival but for winter's arrival as well! So between more laundry duty and house cleaning, I was out in my garden planting one last batch of radishes and covering my not-quite-ripe pumpkins with hay. I am hoping this last batch of radishes will have some time to mature before the ground freezes, but no one can predict Montana weather. It was 75 one day with nighttime temps of 35 and the next it was 46 with a 30% chance of snow!

Just as no one can predict winter's exact arrival, our little one's arrival also appears to be a mystery! As of Monday, the doctor said I am already progressing and preparing for labor, so it could be any day! It is only October 1st and technically I still have 27 days till D-Day, nonetheless, many of our family members are already starting to make early predictions! If you want in on the game go to: http://www.expectnet.com/games/PittmanBabyPool to make your prediction. Winners will get bragging rights unless Dale and I can come up with a more generous prize!



Today, the weather forecast is 55 with sun so Dale and I are headed to Jerry Johnson hot springs to celebrate October's arrival and enjoy fall before it quickly becomes winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment