Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cherishing Clothing

I normally don't give a damn about clothes. I wear whatever is (mostly) clean, usually the first thing I reach in my closet after a long night's sleep. Sometimes, if I am lucky, I match but usually, I look rather un-styled (according to my brother) sporting the same pair of jeans and a shirt from my early college days. However, I find myself going to the baby's newly set-up nursery to fondle and match outfits for any and every occasion.

Already, I have discovered favorites--the adorable baby items that will undoubtedly only be worn a few times and held on for years for their memory. Some include some hand-made items from friends and relatives, others include gifts that tell or story, and some are straight hand-me downs but nonetheless adorable. Of course, it is a little hard to imagine them on a baby, but you get the idea.



Hopefully, our baby will be wearing this home from the hospital (assuming I don't change my mind or forget to pack the hospital bag!) The hat was the first gift we received for the baby way back in April. My friend, Hanna, had the hat specially made by an older woman while backpacking through Argentina. The onesie was from Dale's parents and the booties are just truly adorable!



This is the only item I have purchased for the baby--we have been given so many clothes! However, I couldn't resist these soft-soled shoes for my little monkey!



After I refreshed Hanna's memory for crocheting, she sent me this little tiger cap she made. She tells me she has more on the way--seriously, this baby is going to be one well dressed little man!



At our baby shower, people painted onesies and bibs, these are just a few of the creations and my personal favorites



With the exception of a few, this basket is filled with all hand-made blankets. Some are crocheted, while others are knitted or quilted. Each blanket is warm and soft and perfect for cuddling on those cold Montana days.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I love those shoes! :] I find myself in her room matching her clothes together and I have a few favorites as well. :] Our children are going to be so dressed SO MUCH better than us! How sad. :]
    We have received a few handmade items and it really makes my day. People love our little ones that much that they take time out of their life to MAKE things for them. Lucky little babies!!

    ReplyDelete