Monday, September 14, 2009

Its STILL September????@!@#?

As usual, my pregnancy is progressing perfectly. Aside from the back ache, hip pain, night sweats, and a cramped stomach, I still love being pregnant (especially when our little one makes his nightly round of belly theater!). Nonetheless, I am tired, cranky, and so excited to get rewarded with a new bundle of joy come October! On our way out of the doctor's this morning, I made another 2 week appointment, hoping that it would be October.....but no, it is STILL September!!!! I am still cursing as September seems like its going to drag on forever!!!!

We had our 34 week appointment today and everything is going great. Baby is looking good, healthy, and on-schedule. Of course, we already knew that! Our doctor reported to us that the baby is head-down (still) and is looking like he will be a good size, about 6 pounds 5 ounces....for the sake of my labor, let's hope he's right! Our due date is still October 27th, so let the countdown begin: 43 days!!!!!!!

I have been digesting almost every video, book, and magazine that I can get my hands on regarding childbirth and pregnancy. I am pretty sure I have wiped the library clean on their selection--I have an addiction. I love learning about the process! I am seriously considering going back to school for nursing, midwifery, or becoming a doula because I cant stop learning....however, I recognize that this is a common phase for many pregnant women so no worries, I haven't sent those school applications out yet! Anyways, despite my library collection of videos I still wanted to take a birthing class, so Dale (dragging his feet behind me) and I headed to a birthing class on Saturday.

All in all, the class was interesting. I didn't feel I learned anything new but it was good to connect with Dale and actually practice labor positions, pain management, and talk about a birth plan. We felt really confident after leaving the class especially as so many of the other couples we so unprepared! Our instructor thanked us after the class and told us that she wished she could have a couple like us in every class because we were so relaxed! Now, that the class is over, I am ready for the fun to begin!

We also got a tour of the hospital, which was superb. We were surprised to find that our hospital encourages natural childbirth, the use of showers and tubs during delivery, has 100% rooming-in with baby (all of which are private!), and has a strict quiet hours policy so mom and dad can bond with a new baby! After hearing horror stories of some folks experiences, I was really nervous but feel great now.

I painted the baby's room yesterday with some leftover paint I found in the basement. We have a crib, dresser, changing table, and clothes, now all we need is a carseat!!! I keep kicking myself to order it, because it will take a few days with shipping....

Dale and I are headed to Bozeman/Big Sky next weekend for his wine class and exam. We are very much looking forward to the little road trip and are going to make a vacation out of it!! Until then, Dale is studying hard for the class and I am finishing up the baby's room. I promise I will post photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment