Monday, October 19, 2009

39 Weeks....Its almost time!!!

We just returned from our 39 week appointment. So far in this pregnancy I have gained 19 pounds and have been textbook from the start. Our baby has always measured on target, so I shouldn't be at all surprised if our baby makes his grand entrance on his due date.....however, I am losing patience as the 8-pound bowling ball sitting on my bladder is getting uncomfortable as is the daily bought of false labor contractions.

This week, I am still 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and the baby's head is still "right there". My doctor has given me permission to have this baby any day now (I hope the baby heard him!) However, if we have not had the baby by Monday the 26th our doctor would like to schedule an induction for that week...most likely the 28th, when I will be 40 weeks 1 day. He said we could wait until November 3rd to schedule an induction but realistically, it's easier to do before the baby gets too big and that a lot more complications can arise when the baby is overdue by too long. I have mixed feelings!!!! I hope that the baby will get here before I have to make a decision. I really don't agree with inductions but at the same time, I feel I will be able to sleep easier at night knowing that if this baby doesn't come by Monday, then he will come Wednesday, happy and healthy (YIKES!!!). (Our family has a history of GIANT babies....so lets hope this one is still the 6 1/2 pounds the doctor was predicting!)

So until then, I am doing everything short of shaking this baby out!!! I have continued with my walking and am now bouncing on a yoga ball playing "Katamari" (its an amazing game, I am hoping the visualization of growing my katamari from 1-10cm will be enough to make my cervix do the same!) and am headed in search of some spicy spicy food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment