Monday, April 20, 2009

13 Weeks: Belly and Bozeman

I am 13 weeks today and I still cant believe how fast this pregnancy is flying by. It seems like yesterday that I was showing Dale our home pregnancy test results and now my belly is getting bigger by day reminding me that I am carrying a child.

We had our 12 week appointment last Thursday. I have gained 4 pounds since our last appointment which is right on target. The doctor tried using a Doppler to find the heartbeat but after frustrations he grabbed the ultrasound instead. This was a pleasant surprise as we not only got to see how big our baby is growing but we also were able to listen to the heartbeat. The heartbeat was 159 which was also perfect and from the ultrasound we were able to count 10 fingers and toes and see our baby's little legs, knees, ankles, and feet. Dale is convinced our baby is going to be a boxer as it was positioned like a little Mohammad Ali. No luck finding the sex yet, hopefully we will get that confirmed next month.

My belly has also finally popped. There is no denying that I am pregnant. I catch myself in the window and have to stop and admire my belly. I am short, the doctor even pointed that one out, and I am carrying high in front. Others are also starting to admire the belly which is a little weird as they all want to rub my belly like it will bring good luck. I am sure I will get used to it. (I will be posting belly pics soon)

I was in Bozeman this weekend visiting family and attending an AmeriCorps training. It was so good to be home. They got 1 foot of snow the night before and the town, still snow covered, was beautiful.

We went shopping and my family bought us a crib and diaper bag, both of which are very high quality. The crib is a MillionDollarBaby crib, part of the Kalani collection, and converts from crib, to toddler, to daybed, and full size bed. Its beautiful and slightly resembling of a sleigh bed. The diaper bag is also really cool. Its a JJ Cole bag and has some really nice features, plus its not so feminine looking that Dale will use it. The most exciting part for me was playing with strollers. I have been overwhelmed with stroller options and I know what I want, I just don't want to pay $600 for it. We found a Bumbleride Flyer that converts from rear/forward facing with the switch of the handle, 4-position recline, car seat attachment, and swivels front to back and side to side. The best part, it was only $350. I am willing to invest this in a stroller that is made well and will last a few years. The nice thing is we can use it from infancy to 45 lbs and the stroller itself weighs 19 lbs, way less than others in its class. I cant wait to buy it!! Oh, I also got a lacy bella band, an upgrade from my DIY band.

Aside from all the baby shopping, I was busy attending my training which was long but full of great information on grantwriting and fundraising--all tips I cant wait to use at work. I was so exhausted after three days of training I came home Sunday to pass out for a 5 hour nap!

It was nice to be back in Bozeman. The town is smaller, beautiful, full of positive energy and great people. Missoula is great, but Bozeman is definitely where my heart is. I was so glad to enjoy a wrap from La Parilla and soups at the Garage. My stomach was grumbling for Chinese from Hong Kong City, and of course my body ached for the calming waters of Norris Hot Springs. I was excited to return home to my loving husband and animals but there was a part of me that was very sad to leave Bozeman. I know I will return soon and eventually we will make our home there but for now, all I can do is reminisce.

No comments:

Post a Comment