Friday, April 10, 2009

11 weeks 3 days

I am rapidly the 12 week mark in which I can sit back relax and finally start to realize that this whole pregnancy is real. Because it is so early, I sometimes just forget that I am pregnant. And then I remember that my jeans don't fit, my hair is darker, and why am I so moody!

We have our next appointment next Thursday and we are hoping we will be able to the hear the heartbeat at that appointment. Hearing the heartbeat will undoubtedly send me to euphoria as I realize, "yes, there is a baby in there and (in a very Frankensteinish voice) its ALIVE!". Lets just say I am anxiously awaiting that day.

I have been blessed with a so far healthy and easy pregnancy. I had morning sickness for one day (and now I think it may have been food poisoning). My fatigue is finally easing up as all of a sudden I have had extra energy to dig gardens, clean the house, and work late. What is weird is that all these new symptoms are showing up.

1.) Ahchoo! Sneezing has picked up this week. Every time I turn around, I sneeze.

2.) Congestion! My nose has been stuffed up and every morning I have been waking up with a bloody nose.

3.) Bloody Gums. I guess all the extra blood flowing in my body and the sensitive gums mean every time I brush, I bleed. It worried me at first but now I feel like my teeth are extra clean! No pain, no gain, right?

4.) Indigestion. Tums anyone? I have been tossing these back like candy. After every meal I feel like I need to be burped. We had pizza the other night and I could taste pizza in my mouth for three hours.

5.) Stretch marks. I though these wouldn't appear until further along but my body is already changing and my belly growing. I have stretch marks on my stomach, thighs, and love handles.

6.) Baby bump! I finally noticed it yesterday morning. My jeans don't fit but I thought that was bloat not baby. It is definitely baby. My belly is rounded and hard making pants impossible to squeeze into....so I have started wearing skirts and dresses for more comfort.

I never considered any of these to be pregnancy related but according to every baby book out there, they are. It just blows my mind, that something 2 inches big can change the human body so much.

Milestone this week: I forgot to mention that the baby is now considered a fetus. Next week's milestone will be moving up into the 2nd trimester. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment