Wednesday, January 26, 2011

mama confesses:: love and forgetfulness

 Tango Christmas Party January 8, 2008

Three years ago I headed to our employee Christmas party for Tango and fell in love.  Three years later, two kids, a dog, some cats, and a house that needs cleaning, I forgot our anniversary.  Oops.

Dale remembered and I forgot.  I feel like a bad wife.  But man, life happened.  I do my best to remember and sometimes it is not always easy.

Three years ago, I asked my co-worker to take our photo not knowing where the night would go.  Today, that photo still hangs on our fridge.  I will never forget the endless conversations, the quiet cuddle, and the best hug of my life when I said goodbye to Dale the next morning.  I knew then, just as much as I know now, that Dale was my soul-mate, my partner, my husband in this life, past lives, and the next life.

My roommates and my classmates all told me I was crazy.  They expected it to be a one-time deal.  Imagine their surprise when just a few months later, I told them I was moving in with Dale.  Or a few months after that when we got engaged, got married, moved to Montana and got pregnant.  Love happens when you least expect it.  In fact, life happens when you least expect it.  

 Our first camping trip with Kannon (8 months) and me 7 months pregnant.  Oh what a night!!!

So Dale, after three years, thank you for loving me, for supporting me, and for standing by my side.  You are the best husband, father, and friend anyone could dream of.  It has been a fun and challenging three years and everyday we grow stronger and more in love. I look forward to many more years of challenge, adventure, and just plain fun. 

I couldn't believe it.  I took 1, told Dale, and then took 3 more just to be sure. 

****PS Speaking of anniversaries, on this day, last year, I saw two pink lines.  We were shocked to find out we were having another addition so soon!  Clark is our little surprise baby but we are so happy he joined our family when he did.  We kept it a secret until February 25th because we were worried that our little bean might leave us early, twice I thought I miscarried.  Alas, that 8 & 12 week ultrasound showed us we could fall in love with another child and the flickering heart beat showed us he was strong.  Happy HPT (Home Pregnancy Test) Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment