Friday, January 7, 2011

mama confesses:: death of mr. cuisinart


About 3 years ago my dad sent me this awesome coffee pot.  It was a major step up from the 4-cup Mr Coffee that I got my freshman year.  It was a total surprise.  I remember opening the box on Christmas morning and feeling so relieved that I finally got a real coffee pot. No more Mr Coffee for me!  I think I drank about 12 pots a day for a week until the luster wore off.  It was programmable, so I could wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee instead of my roommates stinky laundry.  It had a gold-tone filter so I didn't have to go searching for filters at 6am....or worse, use toilet paper for filters when I was out.  And best of all, it made the best damn coffee. 


As a college student staying up late and waking up early, the coffee pot was wonderful.  As a new mother, enduring sleepless nights, waking up early, and walking around have dead, the coffee pot was invaluable.  Dale knows, my kids know, I know---without my coffee I am useless, cranky, and downright  mean.

Then it happened.  My coffee maker started to die.  I was in denial.  Dale kept trying to convince me to get a new one.  But I was sure there was nothing wrong, it just needed to be cleaned or needed new filters.  Nothing could replace my first grown up coffee maker.  The thing has been moved 4 times.  It has lived in 3 states.  It has witnessed a college parties, marriage, and babies.  I do not need a new coffee pot.

Today, the coffee maker died.  I flipped the switch and it didn't turn on.  It was plugged in.  I check the circuits, tried another outlet, and the same thing happened.  It was D-E-A-D dead.    So I am running out the door for some coffee shop junkie java until I can find another new amazing coffee maker.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to read this! I hope you can find a happy replacement soon! We have a Mr Coffee 12-C programmable (http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-12-Cup-Programmable-Coffeemaker/dp/B0002T1G3E/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1294422445&sr=1-4) it does the job, but it's mostly for company, since we are not big coffee drinkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. So sorry for your loss. You'll be in my T&P! ;)

    We have this one, http://www.espresso-machines-and-coffee-makers.com/hamilton-beach-brew-station-plus.html, it's pretty good. Brews quick and I think it's programmable. We don't drink that much coffee. Lol.

    ReplyDelete