Thursday, September 30, 2010

photo therapy:: 'fall'ing in love


Everyday I fall in love.  I fall in love over and over again with my family, my life, and my son.  I am nervous about adding a second child to the mix but am reminded how wonderful motherhood is every time I see Kannon smile, laugh, or cry.  Kannon has taught me how to be a mother and the new baby will teach me how to be a better mother--how to open my heart once again to a new life.  Everyday, I fall in love and I can't wait to fall in love with another. 

But today was "us-time".  It was my day to fall in love with Kannon, over and over again.  He has been sick the last few days and today, a beautiful fall day, presented us with a break in his illness and a chance to spend some quality time together. 

We went to Seattle University--my former college ground.  I wanted to go some place that we could wander, relax, and stare at the beautiful changing leaves.  I could think of no other place that would support a baby-toting 40 week pregnant lady better....all those benches, open grass, and bathrooms all confined to a 4 block radius.  So off we went...

We tried a lollipop.....

And then played with leaves on our sticky fingers....

We crawled, walked, and people watched....


And then we celebrated 11 months of knowing each other with cupcakes and coffee (water for Kannon of course!)...

All in all it was a beautiful day.  If bean#2 decides to arrive tomorrow, I will be okay knowing I got one precious day all to myself with the second love of my life (Dale of course is the first!).

2 comments: