Saturday, September 18, 2010

mama confesses:: too fast

It is all happening too fast.  Somedays I turn around and my sweet little baby who once fit perfectly in the crook of my arm is playing by himself in his room.  He doesn't need me.  In between the chaos of packing and moving Kannon grew up.  Somehow, I missed it.


Of course, he is still my baby and he has tons of growing up to do still.  It just seems like overnight that he grew this little personality and became his own little man.  Silly.  Serious.  Smiley.  Serene. 

While I wasn't looking, Kannon took four real steps from his toy box to his chair.  He stood there, smiling, proud, and tried to turnaround but stopped, distracted by a book.  He read his books and before I could give him a kiss and a hug he was off with a flash toward our bedroom in search of something else.  He knows what he wants and he goes for it---a trait just like his mommy. 


So in between our move, Kannon grew up.  Here is what you missed:

1.) He has 4 teeth.
2.) He eats all table foods.  He feeds himself everything from blueberries, pancakes, and chicken...whatever we are eating.
3.) He can hold his own cup AND drink from a straw.
4.) He knows to hold his arms up when we take his shirt off....so smart!
5.) Every morning he crawls into our room and pops the Baby Einstein video into the VCR for his morning entertainment.
6.) He is saying Emma (which sounds like "nenna") Nana, Mama, Dada, baba, and various syllables in between.
7.) He follows me everywhere and in the kitchen he likes to hold my leg while I cook.  Until I give him a whisk to help, then he loses interest.
8.) He climbs up everything!!! Stairs, toy boxes, slides, he even tried climbing up our couch! 
9.) He took his first "class".  We went to Gymboree where he played with other kids, toys, and impressed the teachers with his charm and intrigue....we will be going back!
10.) He can read!  No, of course not, but he does like books.  He drags them over to me when we wants to read and it is seriously adorable. 


Kannon is the light of our lives.  He brings smiles and laughter into our world.  Even on the most difficult days, he has a way of warming our heart.  But it all happens too fast, I just want to freeze time forever. Soon, he will be a big brother and our life will be even double the trouble...and double the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment