Thursday, September 30, 2010

mama vents:: the countdown

I am only a few hours away from striking my due date.  It is daunting.  No longer can I pretend that baby#2 is still months away from arriving, no longer can I deny that our family of 3 is about to become 4.  Crappola.  If baby#2 doesn't arrive by Tuesday we are set to schedule an induction October 8, when I will be 41 weeks.  Holy crappola. 

My easy, well oiled routine is about to get all kinds of crazy. 

You know you are 40 weeks pregnant when:

Your shoes don't fit
Your maternity clothes are too small
You hate your husband, dog, cat, and everyone in between
You have given up on doing laundry for the 3 articles of clothing that still fit
You kind of smell like pee everytime you hit a pothole or drive on a bumpy road
You try to paint your toenails but end up painting your knees
Your bed is overwhelmed by 9 pillows, all for you
Your husband is shivering besides you because its a million degrees and all the windows are open
You are tired of the phone calls and people asking if you are still pregnant

Needless to say, I am still glad I am pregnant and despite the fact that I am 100% annoyed I would rather be pregnant than trying to figure out how to nurse a newborn and make Kannon dinner at the same time.  I am savoring every last pregnant day possible and if I have one more person tell me I am insane, you try wearing my shoes.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found you on the BBC October Board. I just wanted to wish you and your family well on your soon to be new addition. It isn't easy having two little ones so close in age (though, mine are further apart-18 months). But you get the hang of it! And your little ones will have so much fun playing and growing up together (with a few fights in between).
    Diana

    ReplyDelete