Saturday, January 30, 2010

Birthdays....


The b-day card Dale gave me.

Birthdays just are not exciting anymore. At least mine. I can't remember the last birthday bash I enjoyed as I usually prefer celebrating with Dale, quietly in the comfort of my home.

This is not to say that birthdays aren't memorable. Trust me, I will treasure Kannon's b-day every year until the day I die. I celebrate week birthdays, month birthdays, and 1/4 of the year birthdays. When you see a 7 pound being come into the world, it is hard to forget that moment.



But I don't remember my birthday. What used to be a call to celebrate with booze, friends, and bars is now an excuse to sleep in and demand breakfast in bed and celebrate Kannon's 1/4 of the year birthday.

Which is exactly how I celebrated my birthday.



Dale, Kannon, and I drove to Bozeman after a sleepy morning to continue our celebration. We visited with some old friends, enjoyed time antiquing (a skill my mother has generously passed down), and eating at our favorite establishments.



Yet, the trip was less about me and more about showing off Kannon and his chubby cheeks. He met new faces, saw new places, and slept in the bed with us. He was spoiled.


Visiting Lei-Anna, my former teacher

He had a few minor fusses--mostly because he was tired and ready for bed. While he may have loved sharing a bed with us, Dale and I were ready to go sleep in the car! I kept getting punched in the face by Kannon, not too mention he used me as a pacifier the whole night. He woke up any time one of use moved and demanded to be fed. I have no idea how any one co-sleeps.



All in all, we had a good weekend, watching our little man discover more of the world but now we are exhausted and happy to be home, in separate beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment