Sunday, February 8, 2015

20 weeks...OFFICIALLY HALF WAY!

My 5am b-day party!

This week was a busy week for us!!! My family came to visit from Pennsylvania and we had a WONDERFUL time getting spoiled by them!!!!  We went to the aquarium, a family putt-putt fun zone, had pizza, relaxed, watched the Superbowl and just enjoyed each other's company! Clark also busted his lip on Friday after school.  So that was a bloody mess! 

My birthday was on Wednesday and I got spoiled by my students and my family.  I woke up to a 5am surprise b-day party hosted by Dale and the boys.  They gave me flowers and princess jewelry and Dale gave me some really awesome new earrings and a necklace.  My students gave me SO.MUCH.CHOCOLATE.  The celebration continued with my dad and step-mom as we enjoyed dinner at Bernie's Burger Bus and opened a new 31 bag and MORE.CHOCOLATE.  We even continued celebrating on Friday with my aunt (her b-day is the day before mine) with an ice cream cake!  It was great to be feel spoiled! I turned 29 and will stay 29 from this day on ;)

I also had a midwife appointment in the midst of all these celebrations.  Baby was measuring perfect and had a strong heartbeat.  She confirmed that everything looked great with our ultrasound.  She suggested going to a chiropractor for the hip pain I have been having.  She also suggested that I wear supportive panty hose when I am teaching and get a pregnancy support belt because I am on my feet from 6:00am-4:30pm chasing 2nd graders around.  I go back on February 23! This pregnancy is flying by! 

We also bought plane tickets to go to California for Spring Break.  I will be taking the boys to visit family and see a friend who is also pregnant.  I can't wait to smell the ocean again! There is something about that California air!

Date: 02/1/15
Week: 20 weeks 5 days
Estimated baby size: an artichoke
Total Weight Gain: +8 pounds 
Symptoms:
THIRSTY. The hip pain is in full force.  I have to make sure I walk and do lots of stretching before going to sleep or my hip is in so much pain when I wake up.  
Cravings: Clementines, vegetables, fruit, limes, cilantro, CHEESE, Taco Bell :)

What is baby doing?: Bowel: Meconium is accumulating in your baby's bowel. This sticky black substance made up of sloughed cells, digestive secretions, and swallowed amniotic fluid will show up in her first dirty diaper.
Skin: Your baby's body is now coated with a greasy white substance, the vernix caseosa, that protects her skin during its long submersion in amniotic fluid.
 Seahawks pride at work!!!


 Joint b-day cake for me and my aunt.

 Bumper cars!

 Clark busted his lip on Friday :(



 Kannon and Heather getting soaked at bumper boats.

 A Superbowl divided! Pats and Seahawks fans!

Pops and Kannon!

No comments:

Post a Comment