Sunday, February 8, 2015

$5 Secrets.....We have a name!

While my dad was here, we talked about baby names.  Dale and I have had a name picked out since before we knew it was a boy.  We weren't planning on sharing the name until birth per our usual tradition.  

Until.....

My dad told Clark "I'll give you $5 if you tell me your brother's name."  

Without hesitation, Clark replied.  Stinker.  We told him he should have asked for more $$ before giving up secrets.  He could have made a little money.  

So now, the whole family knows.  If you give Clark money, he will tell you the name.  He is rich!

So......

Of course, the name could always change if say he is born a she or doesn't really look like a Quinn.  I love the name and heard it while we were watching 'Reign of Fire', you know that dragon movie with Christian Bale.  I love that it carries on the /k/ sound but uses a different initial.  According to Nameberry, it is an Irish male's name and means "wise leader".  I felt this was perfect for our new little man.  Thomas is my dad's name, and I wanted to use a family name for the middle name. Plus, this was also the only name suggestion that Clark and Kannon didn't veto.  When I said 'Quinn Thomas', Clark immediately approved it! Only 131 (give or take) days to go to meet baby Quinn!

No comments:

Post a Comment