Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What Day is it Again???



Wow! I dont know where to begin. It seems somewhere between the holidays I forgot to blog---gasp! The last few days Dale and I have both woken up wondering what day it is. It seems by the afternoon we have already forgotten what day it is and ask the question over and over again...



Well, lets not focus on days, rather on months: Kannon is 2 months old!!! I cant believe it has flown by so quick. Some days I feel as though he has been a part of my life forever. Those are days when parenting is easy and our daily routine is smooth and we are all on the same page. Then there are days where I cant believe Kannon is only 2 months....you mean we are not out of the newborn stage yet? For the most part, those days are rare and I find myself only wishing that I could hold on to these moments just a little bit longer as he continues to grow.



Kannon had is two month check-up today and weighed in at 11 lbs even and 22 inches long. The doc said his height is less than exciting but hey, with our genes, 2 inches in a month seems like HUGE growth (Dale and I are both about 5'4). He got his shots today which is the worst torture to put a mother through. I just sat there watching as the doc injected little needles into almost every limb of my little one. I just wanted to pick Kannon up and run far far away. Alas, we made it through the day with minimal fussing, but I am forever haunted by the pathetic inconsolable whimpering that resulted.



Kannon is still suffering from his shots as he has kept Dale and I up for 2 days as it seems he is not comfortable sleeping more than an hour at time. We finally got him comfortable, sleeping tummy-tummy on me while I watch hours of Law & Order from our horribly uncomfortable couch....hey, at least he is sleeping! Hopefully, he will return to normal in the next couple days!



Before the shots, Kannon was sleeping extremely well almost throughout the night. He has decided that he likes to be in bed no later than 8pm. We get him bathed, dressed, and nursed and is fast alseep until 2-3 am, in which he eats goes back to sleep until 6-7am. We are very lucky that he loves to sleep at night on his own but during the day its a different story. Kannon refuses to nap in his room and prefers to fall asleep on his play mat or bouncer with the tv on. We dont mind, except for when we are trying to clean and its impossible to sweep around our passed out baby...our house is getting dirtier by the day, but sleeping babies are happy babies and I would like to keep it that way!




We celebrated Christmas with friends and spent nearly 2 hours opening gifts that were all labeled to Kannon. Needless to say, we are exhausted from the festivities and taking a little break until the dust settles. We recieved so many wonderful gifts! Kannon got clothes, toys, books, and so much more! We cant wait to get him dressed in some of his adorable outfits!



Its new years eve and while we would like to go and celebrate with friends it looks like we will be staying in with our little man has he fights off his frustration and pain of shots (really, I never thought it would be this bad!) so we will throw on a movie and try to get some sleep. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment