Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Winter Wonderland

They all say "sleep when baby sleeps" but with the loads of laundry, dishes in the sink and the 178 new emails in my inbox, chaos would ensue if I slept when the baby slept.

I am a mom, a wife, a pet owner, a VISTA, and a woman with needs but I am no superwoman and the cleaning fairies stopped coming a long time ago, so when the baby sleeps---I work. Actually, I scramble trying to get as much done during my little one's three hour nap. Laundry is thrown furiously into the washer, the floors swept with rage, the emails carelessly sorted through and if our dog is lucky, she gets a few tennis ball tosses into our forgotten backyard.

Today, I ignored my house, my computer, and my dog. Just as the snow drifted outside, I drifted into my own winter wonderland, with a sleeping baby on my chest, a cat on my feet, and a dog by my side. When I woke up, my little one's eyes peered up at me and he beamed the biggest smile, clearly happy about the arrangement.

My laundry is still talking to me. The dishes are angry. And the dust bunnies are attacking my floor but hey, at least we had the perfect nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment