Saturday, November 21, 2009

I left my heart.....at home



Last night I was given an opportunity to go see the Twilight "New Moon" movie--an outing that I had been looking forward to for over a week. It was my first time out without baby and I thought I would love the three hours to relax. Wrong.

My heart ached, my soul empty, and I was lonely--I wanted nothing more than to be at home holding the hand of my husband and my son.

Even though the movie was quite entertaining, my heart ached the entire time. I longed to be at home so badly that I contemplated leaving halfway through the film. All I could think about was Kannon. I could almost smell the newborn fuzzy hair and hear little cries in the back of my head.

My three hours away ended uneventfully and I raced home to return to my family. I arrived to find Kannon all dressed up and wide awake, eager to see his mommy. Dale had fun bonding with the baby and shared with me all of his stories that made me love him even more.

I cant believe that love is such a strong emotion. Of course I love Dale and have "missed" him before while I was away on vacation or trainings, but never this much, a feeling so deep it caught me off-guard. I was crying during the movie but for my own reasons. I cant believe how much I missed my two boys while only gone for 3 short hours. That being said, I am dreading my return to work in only 10 days, where undoubtedly little work will get done because I will be dreaming of little hands and feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment