Monday, November 23, 2009

Breakthrough!



Kannon slept in his crib last night for the first time!!! He was going through his usual fussy hour (between 8-midnight) and I put him in the MOBY wrap until he passed out. A few minutes later, we put him in the crib with some Bob Marley on the radio and we didnt hear a peep.

5 hours went by and Dale woke me up in panic, "go check the baby, he hasnt waken up yet"....of course, I raced out of the bedroom, heart pounding to see Kannon sleeping soundly. I stared at him longingly and returned to bed so proud of our little one! Another hour later, he finally woke up to be fed and passed out in his crib for another 4 hours! It was the most solid sleep yet!

Apparently, our little man likes room to stretch! All this time, I thought it would be such a traumatic transition and as it turns out, he sleeps better in his crib! We finally have our bedroom back and hopefully the sleep habits will keep up!

I think I was the one holding the process back. I really wanted Kannon to learn to sleep solo, but something about it seems so wrong....Our dog sleeps in our bed, but our baby cant???? However, since Kannon slept so well last night, I dont think we will be turning back (as much as it breaks my heart).

PS Listening to the baby monitor last night had Dale and me in hysterics. About every 20 minutes we heard a few grunts, coos, and even laughter (!!!) out of this sleeping child. Dale is convinced that if Kannon could talk he clearly would be talking about boobs in his sleep. Talk about sweet dreams. Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment