Monday, July 13, 2009

Six Months!!!


Baby's first suntan on Lindbergh Lake

It has just occurred to me that I am over six months pregnant. In fact, in 109 days (give or take a few) my nights will be filled with feeding, diaper changing, and relishing in any amount of shut eye possible!

I feel very fortunate that I have been blessed with a so far easy pregnancy. Even though it has been easy, I still grumble during every midnight and 2 am trip to the bathroom and whine when I have pick up things off the floor. My house is a mess, the laundry has been in the dryer for two days, and there is lint flying around on my ceiling fan! I am sure that this is just of preview of what our house will become once the baby arrives!!!


Busted! Our cat looking for what I assume will be dinner.

Aside from messy houses, I have been longing for a glass of wine, salivating for raw cookie dough, and wish that I wouldn't hit my belly every time I close a door. Seriously, who does that! Work is extremely slow and I find myself looking up product reviews, changing my mind between strollers, and reading about childbirth techniques!

If I am lucky, I stare at my belly and actually see it moving....its alien and creepy but still I savor the moments when I see what looks like a foot or head kicking through my belly. Dale actually witnessed this belly theater last week when the baby headbutted my belly button. Dale nervously laughed in what I am sure was bewilderment and fascination. The kicking has gotten more regular, to which point I have actually started going to bed later, in an attempt to avoid the 11 pm utero-kick ball session!

Proving that I can in fact still see my feet.

We are headed camping this week with some friends for a few days and then I am off to Seattle for quick trip to see some friends, finish some shopping, and relax to some oldies tunes and rugid roads. After that starts the beginning of Hotel de Pittman as our friends will be visiting followed by more friends, family, the arrival of Dale's sister, our baby shower, and more friends visiting. School starts August 31 where I will back in the full swing of things until the baby comes and then I am off until Thanksgiving. Wheewww! This year is suddenly seeming shorter and shorter by the day! So yes, for the remainder of July, I will be lazing away, neglecting my housework, blogs, and emails. C'est la vie!


1 comment:

  1. Love that baby belly! You look great! Enjoy the rest of the summer and keep on resting! =)

    ReplyDelete