Tuesday, July 21, 2009

26 Weeks

After many unsuccessful attempts to get a clear ultrasound we were scheduled to try again today. However, our little baby is very camera shy, always moving away from the ultrasound wand with his little arm in the way. It really is rather adorable that our baby has already discovered his favorite sleeping position, with his arm nestled next to his face, quietly sucking his fingers. (This happens to also be my favorite position to sleep in--of course, without the finger sucking!)



We were able to get some photos, while not the greatest quality, still show some detail into our little one's world.



The baby is currently breech, which is normal for this stage, and is super active with a strong heartbeat, measuring 153. We will go in August 6th for our last monthly appointment and then from there our appointments will be every 2 weeks!



Tomorrow, I will go in for a glucose screen, which involves chugging a sweet syrupy soda and measuring blood sugar an hour after. So, I am fasting tonight, and hoping to wake up before my stomach, so I can take the test without hunger pangs!

We will also be pre-registering for our delivery tomorrow!!! I have been filling out piles of paperwork, including a birth certificate form! This will hopefully save us some relief come the big D-Day!

In the meantime, I have found a TLC 'Baby Story' DVD that has been accompanying me as I clean the house and prepare for the arrival of my brother! Of course, not without stopping to eat every twenty minutes as I am now constantly FAMISHED!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh how exciting! Wow 26 weeks, you are nearly there! Once you hit August and the appts every other week, I think it flies by. Adorable pictures! I could not believe how much the 3d/4d pictures actually looked like Ryder when he was born, technology is great! Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing visits with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I totally watched "Baby Story" on TLC, which was quite odd because I am far-from-expecting and was watching it dubbed into Spanish for Colombian television. It was enjoyable nonetheless! =)... Good luck with all of these exciting baby milestones and congratulations once again on this beautiful baby boy!

    ReplyDelete