Monday, July 20, 2009

I am wiped!

I had been experiencing the pregnancy doldrums as I was bored with my routine and felt like my nesting urge was unfulfilled. After camping, a whirlwind trip to Seattle, and catching up with family, I am wiped!!! I felt like I have stopped talking since Thursday!!! So I guess the doldrums are over!


Our spectacular set up at River Junction

Dale and I went camping on Thursday with some friends at the most spectacular site, nestled between beautiful spruce trees and the continuous bubble of the Blackfoot river. We were only there a night and had to leave early the next morning but we have full intentions of returning back to that magical site for some rest and relaxation.

Friday I headed to Seattle to help my family start their moving process to Orcas Island, WA. I had a chance to catch up with a former boss, some friends, and catch up on those Seattle food cravings. We went swimming in Lake Washington, enjoyed delicious Thai food, and watched my friends perform a show for their band Man Party. Of course, all this was not complete without the belly rubbing and somewhat hilarious attempts to get the baby to kick, including a flashlight, a tall glass of ice water, and a chocolate cupcake---after all that, my friends felt the baby once or twice. Sure enough, now that I am home, the baby is kicking up a violent storm!


Swimming at Lake Washington

I forget that I am very pregnant! I am still getting used to the changes in my body and forget that I have a belly to watch out for. Twice this weekend I closed the door on my belly. Once, I was trying to squeeze by a chair with a plate full of food and my belly got STUCK!! This guy had to kindly move a chair out of the way for me! I still feel small and petite and am sometimes completely unaware of my growing dimensions! My friend Jarred took a candid photo of me while I was shopping at REI and looking at the photo, I had to do a double take! I am going to start tracking my diameter just for giggles.

I didn't actually go for a ride, but here I am in Jarred's Ural

Dale and I will be savoring our last two nights together as we realized that between the family and friends that will be visiting it will be our last opportunity sans relative and baby as we have got a full house from now until......???? We love having visitors and are excited the Hotel Pittman is in gloriously beautiful Montana. My brother has unexpectedly decided to come visit for a few weeks and I am very much looking forward to bonding with him, as we haven't spent this much time together in quite a few years. Of course it will be nice to have an extra hand around to do things like wash the car and pull weeds, since those chores have become a challenge. I expect that we will spend many hours camping, hiking, and catching up. I am preparing myself for role as tour guide, brushing up on Montana history and looking at Atlases to plan not one trip, but THREE trips to Glacier National Park. It has been a gorgeous wet year and I don't want anyone to miss out on some truly amazing scenic beauty, even if it means driving 2 hours just to follow an RV up Logan Pass.

Our baby shower is Sunday August 2nd and we are getting excited to celebrate with all our families and friends in what will become know as our last party before parenthood! We have sent invites and are expecting somewhere around 30 people in our already crowded house! It will be a blast!

Lastly, I had been waiting to decide on a name until after the baby was born but while riding on the bus in Seattle, on a perfectly golden sunny morning, I felt the baby kick and lovingly stroked my belly and called him______. It was completely unconscious but it felt right. So I told Dale and he was stoked that we have finally DECIDED on a name. However, we will not be sharing that name until after the baby is born, so keep your excitement at bay until October when we present our dashing son to the world.

I have always been really excited about being pregnant and becoming a mom, but it is really starting to sink in now. I love being pregnant and being part of such a phenomenal change and already I love our son more than I can express. I am so excited for all the challenges and rewards that we are going to face. The gift of parenthood is truly priceless and October just seems so far away!!! We had the pleasure of meeting our friend's newborn and holding him just made my heart sink. The smell of his hair, the softness of his skin, everything was so intoxicating and made my pregnancy seem so much more real. Dale and I are waiting patiently and will be enjoying each and every day with wonder and elation.

No comments:

Post a Comment