Saturday, February 28, 2009

No sushi for me....

My cousins were in town this weekend and I drove out to Hamilton to visit with them and their mom (my aunt renee). The drive was beautiful reminding me of the vast prarie and sky that surrounds Bozeman. Unfortunately, I missed most of the drive as I was busy chatting away on my cell phone informing our family or our good news. I think I gave my mom a heart attack, but everyone is excited and thrilled that we are expecting.

I arrived at my aunts house to see my youngest cousin driving her car....I almost had a heart attack. I know I am 23 but I still always think of my younger cousins and siblings as those innocent 11 years olds body surfing in the ocean. I never thought of them as driving SUVs, growing to 6 ft tall, or having body hair.

We went bowling and all suffered a poor first game, none of us broke a 100. My youngest cousin, Mike was eager to warm up and start a second game but my early pregnancy fatigue waved on although I could barely carry my 10 pound ball I obliged to that second game. At this point none of the cousins knew about my state and when they suggested sushi for dinner I finally had to break the news. Then it hit me, I cant have sushi. I cant drink coffee, beer, wine, or have a cocktail. Fish in moderation. Kiss those rare steaks and burgers good bye because the risk is too great. My pregnancy elationis started to wear off as my mouth started salvating for a spicy tuna roll with avocado. Jet, Mike, and Renee were not at all disappointed as they were so excited to hear that the new generation was starting for our family. Jet and Mike demanded to be called uncles and are likewise hoping for a boy, seeing as they feel the Tomlinson family has far to many women.

We opted for burgers and decaf coffee and enjoyed a great evening discussing personality profile and economics. I am so impressed at how my young cousins have grown up. They are each markedly intelligent, well-versed, polite and will satisfy any woman one day with charm, height, and good looks. I guess they are no longer 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment