Friday, January 30, 2009

Catheters for Cats? And the Inspiration Volcano.

Sasha appeared to be doing great. We thought we were almost out of the woods until I came home to find Dale in shock as he just witnessed Sasha pee blood into the toilet (remember our cat is toilet trained). I was frantic and immediately had our vet on hold. She explained that it is perfectly normal, because Sasha had a catheter stuffed inside his impossibly small urethra. I would pee blood too under those extreme circumstances.

Sasha is NOW feeling better. He is in better health than we are and currently on a 3-week dose of Prednisone.

Work is going unbelievable slow right now. I have all these great ideas but my supervisor wants to put everything on hold until we get back from our training in Helena next week. I completely understand, but for those of you who understand my work habits, when I get excited and passionate about something, I develop tunnel vision. All I can do is think about my inspirations. I think at night, during the day, during breakfast, lunch, and dinner...and god forbid, even when Dale and I, well, umm, busy. It is a terrible habit. Waiting a whole week to discuss ideas is making me even more anxious. I am spewing educational inspiration and I need a lake to fill with all these ideas.

PS: We had the BEST meal of my life on my birthday! We went to Pearl, one of the restaurants that Dale wants to work at. We started with a delicately bold red wine. Ventured on to escargots, which were cooked perfectly and tasted more like mushrooms in an earthy bath of garlic, butter, and Parmesan. We got a crock of french onion soup, which you could smell from four blocks away and coated our stomachs for the next course. Our entree was smoke bison tenderloin in a huckleberry-red wine reduction. This was the most fantastic entree I have ever tasted. The bison was lightly smoked, perfectly cooked and the huckleberries were so fresh they popped essences of wine, sweetness and tartness in your mouth. We could have stopped at dinner, but we continued on to dessert, feasting on a homemade lemon custard tart. It was the perfect way to end our evening. Thanks to everyone who called on my birthday, I apologize if I wasn't alert, but I had a great meal digesting through my stomach, veins, and heart. Bedtime that night: 8pm.

***Note: this is the lamest post ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment