Thursday, January 8, 2009

Married in Montana

Well, Dale and I survived the winter driving to our new home in Missoula. It wasn't so bad--if you have 4-wheel drive and dont mind driving on 3 inches of ice!

What is even more amazing about our drive was the 59 inches of snow we passed in Spokane and our cats that managed to break out of their respective boxes only to peer out the window in fear, amazement, I am not sure??? In any case, we are glad to be safe and have all feet on the ground, albeit snow covered.

I head to my training in Helena on Tuesday for three informative and inspiring days of AmeriCorps training. After all the orders of where to hang curtain rods and mirrors, I think Dale is looking forward to a little peace and quiet with me away.

Until then, we will enjoy setting up our new home, which is spacious and bright compared to our cave in Seattle. Plus, it has the added benefit of making chores easy and joyful with a dishwasher and washer/dryer. Who ever thought life would get easier in the cold country?

Hope all of you had a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment