Sunday, May 3, 2015

33 Weeks

In Sedona, Dale is FREEZING because its 42 degrees....me, I'm sweating!
Dale and I headed to Phoenix, AZ for a kid-less trip to a friend's wedding.  I am so glad we took the trip because it was the first time in 3 years that Dale and I got some quality (AKA more than one-night) away from the boys.  We had so much fun!!!  
We stayed at my Aunt Leah's house and were greeted with delicious steaks and fresh veggies from her garden.  We stayed up late and made smores over a patio fire.  Saturday, we slept in, had breakfast, took a nap, and ate at a cute pub called, Spoke and Wheel.  We went to the wedding in Gilbert, AZ (about an hour from my aunt's) and it was beautiful!  Sunday, we woke up early and drove to Sedona, AZ.  Dale had never been there before and I really wanted him to see the beautiful red rocks.  We drove up Oak Creek Canyon (where I have many childhood memories of swimming and hiking) and into Flagstaff, AZ (my birthplace!!).  We ate at Flagstaff Brewing Company and got the best cup of coffee at Flagstaff Coffee Company. The weather was very cold--poor Dale froze to death while my pregnant self continued to sweat buckets even at 42 degrees! Sunday, we watched "The Substitute" with my aunt and uncle and visited.  Monday, we slept in, said goodbye and headed out for one more kid-free lunch at Pizzeria Bianco in downtown Heritage Square.  The pizza was so GOOD!!!!  We had enough time before our flight, so we decided to see "50 Shades of Grey" before heading to airport.  The movie was terrible.  I loved the books but the movie was a horrible, chopped up version, that skipped some of the best parts of the book--oh well.  We had such a nice time, talking (uninterrupted) and sleeping (again, uninterrupted!) and it was the perfect little baby-moon before #3 arrives.  Oddly enough, we realized on our trip that the last time we had a kid-free weekend like this was in Phoenix in June 2011 when I was doing institute for Teach For America. Go Phoenix! 
 My Aunt Leah and I

 There was fresh SNOW in Flagstaff!!!
 At the top of Oak Creek Canyon, about 12 miles from Flagstaff.
 From Sedona, AZ
 Melissa and Paul's wedding, her dress was stunning!!
Getting bigger every day!!! Wedding attire :)
Work this week was mainly busy getting ready for Iowa Test of Basic Skills testing for next week.  I did have a chance to observe at my new school, Parker, and was so impressed!!!!  It is going to be such a different environment from Wesley and I couldn't be more excited to make the transition!! 
Pregnancy this week is back to normal.  I've been monitoring my blood pressure with the school nurse and it is back to normal again!  I'm feeling really uncomfortable now, especially at night, and am getting anxious to be done!!  I have a midwife appointment and chiropractor appointment (HELPS SO MUCH!!!) on Tuesday.  We will also have one more ultrasound done around 36 weeks just to make sure baby is still growing properly and low-risk for a midwife-attended birth.  
At Tlaquepaque in Sedona! 

Week: 33 weeks 5 days
Estimated baby size: durian fruit
Total Weight Gain: +18 pounds 
Symptoms:
THIRSTY. Hip pain, restless nights, LOTS OF MOVEMENT, emotional ups and downs!!!
Cravings: Clementines, black beans, milk, cereal.
What is baby doing? Skin: Your baby's skin is becoming less red and wrinkled.
Skull: Your baby's skull is quite pliable and not completely joined. This will help him ease out of your relatively narrow birth canal.

No comments:

Post a Comment