Saturday, July 24, 2010

mama confesses:: miscommunication

Parenting comes very natural to Dale and me.  Very rarely do we disagree or challenge one another.  In fact, most days we are on the same page without even communicating.  I will think to myself that Kannon needs water and I turn around and Dale is holding a sippy cup with water.  We communicate very well and apparently we are even somewhat telepathic. Creepy that we know each other so well. 

But like any normal family, even we have our miscommunications and little misunderstandings.  Like today, when I thought Dale was taking Kannon for a nap while I could do the dishes.  A few dishes in, I look at my feet to see Kannon holding a fork that he pulled from the dishwasher!  Um.....I guess I was supposed to be watching him? 

Other days, our misadventures are hilarious.  We end up running around the house, scrambling to leave, and get in the car only to realize that Kannon was still in his crib--waiting. Life is sometimes just pure chaos. 

Last week, Dale left a dirty diaper full of poop on the changing table.  A few hours later, when Kannon woke up from his nap, I was surprised to open the door and see Kannon's face, ears, hands, crib sheets, and musical seahorse COVERED with poop.  Apparently, his reach is longer than we realized. 

And Wednesday, we headed to the beach in search of water and a chance to cool off only to get there and remember that we forgot sunscreen, towels, and even our swimsuits.

Sometimes our communication skills simply fail.  They get lost in translation, chaos, and searching for the diaper bag. 

Nonetheless....we have fun, especially when there is sand and one happy baby.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! He is soooo precious. I just found your blog and our son's are just around the same age. Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete