Friday, August 21, 2009

The Unwanted House Guest....

Hosting out of town visitors also inevitably means you are hosting their house guests as well....of course, I am referring to GERMS! I have somehow managed to avoid getting sick this entire pregnancy by taking vitamins religiously and slurping down tea any time my throat tickles, however, Monday morning after all our visitors had left, that throat tickle wouldn't go away!

I slept. I chugged orange juice. I drank tea. I took extra vitamin C. The next day the tickle was still there. I wasn't running a fever, so I decided to hold off calling the doc. I chugged more water and went to bed and woke up with my eyes sealed shut! I had PINK EYE!

On top of the throat tickle, which turned out to be a sinus infection which I guess migrated to my eyes. For those of you who have had pink eye I am sympathetic for I didn't know you could actually have SNOT coming out your eyes!

I called my doctor who didn't even want to see me and instead called in a prescription to our nearest pharmacy. A couple hours later, a few medicated eye drops and some heavy duty antibiotic, I was breathing a little easy and able to see--although somewhat fuzzy.

Today, I am tired but feeling better and looking forward to relaxing this weekend with the armload of movies that line our shelf and my favorite pint of Ben & Jerrie's.

In the future, visitors staying at Hotel Pittman will be asked to check their germs at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment