Tuesday, May 26, 2009

BabyMoon is Wearing off

Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant and for the most part have been feeling better, more energized, and happier than I was before becoming pregnant. However, no one ever tells you how long 9 months really is. I am exactly half way there and it has occurred to me that I have another long 4.5 months before this baby comes out. I wish I could have someone babysit my baby bump so I could enjoy a few glasses of wine, perhaps amaretto on the rocks, a roller coaster or two, and go on some extreme hikes. Unfortunately, that wont happen anytime soon so I am stuck salivating as Dale sips on his beer and remind myself that its all for a good cause!

Most of the time I don't miss the drinking. Sure, I partied a lot in college but to be honest, I never enjoyed drinking. I hated the taste of the alcoholic concoctions we created, usually vodka drunk from the bottle and chased with sprite. I hated the gassy feeling that beer gave me after chugging a six-pack of light beer and don't get me started with the drunken phone calls and hangovers.

Since graduating I have refined my taste for booze and stuck with the simple tall glass of red wine or a pint of dark ale preferably from Eastern Europe. Just when I finally realized how to savor, taste, and enjoy the occasional glass, I got pregnant. Now that the weather is warming up all I can think about is a glass of cream sherry, served chilled with an orange slice.

Dale and I went up to Flathead Lake last week and it was beautiful. Flathead is probably the most beautiful area of Montana (in my opinion) and provided us with some much needed R&R. The weather was perfect. The lake (which is bigger than Tahoe) was clear, pristine, and undisturbed. The nights were cool and revealed a cosmic array of stars better than any planetarium I have ever been to. We stopped at a winery and two breweries, of course, I stuck with ice tea while Dale sipped signature brewed ales. It didn't really bother me, except of course, when the weather got warmed, the sun hotter and all I could think about was showering myself in a light beer, Corona anyone?

We went on a little hike. The way back was pretty steep and I found myself losing my balance and air! I was exhausted and had to stop every 20 feet on the trail. So my dreams of backpacking this summer may be over as this little one growing inside me has decided that he's not an outdoors fan. I guess I will take it easy.

I lazed around this weekend, spent a lot of time of the computer and watching Grey's Anatomy, Season 1 & 2 and I am quickly running out of episodes for season 3. I am bored! The house is clean, the garden planted, the animals fed and napping in the sun. I have got the energy of a 4-year old on heroine and I am bored.

So yes, the next 4.5 months will be long and the babymoon is wearing off. Did I mention my clothes don't fit, I have more stretchmarks...on my ARM?!!!? and my hormones have caused the angry pregnant monster lady to emerge, biting the head off anyone that crosses her path.

For all those reading this, enjoy your day. Have a glass of wine or perhaps a beer and think of me, just don't tell me about it otherwise the angry pregnant monster lady (APML) might get jealous enough to eat your brains. While you are enjoying your wine, go for hike, run a marathon, eat sushi, do all the things that I cant and enjoy them to their fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment