Saturday, December 31, 2011

Project 365:: THE END!


I started this project after getting the idea from another blogger.  I thought, "hey what a great way to document our journey through 2011".  It was easy in the beginning to sit down on the computer and post everyday.  As our year got more full and exciting, I found myself skipping days and soon weeks.  But rest assured, I took a photo each day, sometimes two or three, even if I didnt post for a few days.

Looking back, I am so glad I did this project.  I can't believe how fast the year flew by.  It is easy to remember the big events, like joining Teach For America, spending 5 weeks in Phoenix, getting my preschool job, camping trips, and more.  It is easy to remember big milestones for the boys, like first teeth, first crawls, and first haircuts.  All those big events bury those little moments that were sometimes the highlight of my week! Seeing this collage, I remember the little moments, like Kannon breaking into a cereal box, hiding his loot.  I remember laughing hysterically as I watched Kannon dump water on Clark. I remember Kannon falling asleep cuddling his first toy.  I realize how much they really grow in a year!  I look through this project and am reminded of just how much I love my family.  That warm, gushy, feeling showers me as I remember all the laughter, love, and frustrations.  Kannon and Clark are so lucky to have each other as brothers.  All these pictures serve as a reminder of how much they are loved and how much they love each other.  Dale and I are blessed to have found each other to create and share this family together.

This year was full.  I don't think I ever stopped moving.  Now, as I wait for midnight, I am going to stop moving, and remember the year, our journey, and our family.  I hope that 2012 will be just as wonderful.  Best wishes to all of you in 2012!!!



As to whether I will do another Project 365?  I wont be blogging everyday, but being a mother, of course I will be taking photos everyday!  I think I will keep up with the collage tradition, to serve as a reminder of the year.  So, next year, be on the look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment