Thursday, May 19, 2011

Project 365:: Day 135



Day 135 Why did I take a picture of some artwork at Revel?  For many reasons.  One, this painting is shockingly similar to my professor and dean while in college, Dr. Arthur Fisher.  I sat beneath this painting, studying and reading education textbooks for the first time since I graduated college.  The person that got me through some of those most challenging and rewarding years was good ole' Dr. Fisher.  Halfway through my cup of coffee and well immersed into "Teaching as Leadership" I was feeling the groove.  I was already thinking about my years in college, learning and practicing my passion.  Somewhere, I became misguided but am now on the right track again.  Imagine my surprise, when reflecting on past, to look up and see a familiar face.  There all along, supporting and encouraging my vision and passions, was Dr. Fisher (in addition to so many other faces).  I am thankful for all of my experiences and even more thankful for the people that have stood behind me.  I am grateful for my accomplishments and excited to embark on yet another journey.  My formal 5-week training and introduction into Teach for America is less than 3 weeks away and I am drowning in emotions---both excitement and nerves.  Now, is this painting really Dr. Fisher?  I haven't gotten an answer but in my heart it is. 

(Here is an old pic of the famous leader....add a few years and you have the above painting)

No comments:

Post a Comment