Saturday, May 28, 2011

Life.


I am up late.  I can't sleep.  I have too much on mind.  The stress of bills, homework, studying, raising children, and a husband who works 60 hours a week is finally ravaging what little piece of strength I have left.

A friend shared this link with me and my stresses now seem dull and meaningless.  I hope you take the time to see the photos and read the stories that this photographer in Joplin, MO shared.  My heart goes out to the families recovering and rebuilding---to the family celebrating a birth but mourning the loss of their home; the newlyweds dealing with loss so soon; the dance studio that once housed tiny little feet.  My thoughts are with all of you.

We are easily distracted and often forget how fragile life is.  This year, we have been offered many reminders as we witness mother nature rip innocent lives a part.  Take the time to think of others; to exchange hellos, goodbyes, and good mornings. Hug your children, your partner, your mother or father.  Be grateful for the world at your fingertips.  Rejoice in your struggles.  Take delight in life.  Life is both delicate and tenacious.


For more of the story: http://whitneyscottphotographyblog.com/2011/05/26/joplin-missouri/

No comments:

Post a Comment