Friday, August 6, 2010

silver linings

Dale and I still don't know the status of his job or where we are going end up moving but amidst all the chaos there are some silver linings that get me through each day.

1.) Kannon has more teeth coming in!!!!  His top teeth are growing in a bit more each day....which make him a little bit fussy but also so much more of a Mama's boy (hehe!)

2.) Kannon has also started saying "mama, baba, and dada".  He calls everything "dada"  Books, toys, the dog, everything.  He only says "Mama" when he is screaming, upset that something was taken away...or god forbid we change his diaper.

3.) Kannon and our dog have developed this interesting relationship at dinner time.  Kannon grabs a piece of food, looks over the edge of his high chair to see if Emma is there....and drops the food.  He laughs, giggles, and goes for another piece.  Yes, I should chastise both of them....but it is too dang cute!!!!

4.) Fluffy diapers.  We got a bunch of cloth diapers with some mysterious paypal money.  I usually go for broke and buy the BumGenius or SmartiPants but this time we got some Kawaii Baby diapers from Sweetbottoms Baby for half the price.  Totally adorable and loving the black tuxedo diaper that makes Kannon looks ready for a ball.

5.) New friends.  Finally, after almost a year of having no female companionship that understands what it is to be pregnant, have a kid, and survive on 2 hours of sleep, I finally found a friend.  Coffee, library and splash pad dates are just so much more fun when you are not just talking to a 9 month old.

6.) It is hot, humid, and I would rather not be pregnant right now.  But my due date is 6 weeks away and I am wishing that it was much further away....for the first time, the gestation period of an elephant is sounding good merely because I am not ready to be a mother of 2 boys!

7.)  I paid off a student loan.  It had a whopping balance of $62.

8.) Mostly, we have just been having fun as a family.  Story time and bath time our now family affairs.  Kannon actually likes to sit and read and the heat has lead all of us to the wading pool for a chance to cool off.  Kannon is so very loved!!!

9.)  We decided on a name for baby#2.  But its a secret!!!  You will just have to wait to find out!

10.) Did I mention that Kannon feeds himself 100% now.  He eats EVERYTHING from strawberries to asparagus and eggs.  What a cutie!

I apologize for the last blog that was a little more than depressing. I find it funny that its okay to talk about baby poop and vomit but talking about our problems is a little more than taboo.  I broke the rule but I am glad that everyone is at least on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment