Tuesday, August 31, 2010

mama moved!

I am currently surrounded by boxes, sitting at my kitchen table stealing free wireless, and gazing out at the rainy Seattle day.  Life has never felt more perfect. 

As much as I hated Seattle 2 years ago when we decided to move to Montana, I am reminded of how much I actually love it here.  I always thought Montana was home and perhaps it was to a younger me but I have outgrown that notion.  When Dale and I first caught a glimpse of downtown Seattle crossing 1-90, we both were overwhelmed with this "welcome back" feeling--a feeling of home. 

Yes, the traffic sucks, the rain sometimes dreary, and our rent stills makes me choke.  But Seattle is home.  We were greeted by friends---overjoyed by our return.  I have slept better (actually, we have all slept better) since arriving.  Even though there is still a lot of work to be done, boxes to unpack, clothes to organize, we are all relieved. 

Moving was exhausting.  Not only did we move our stuff but Jarred's as well.  But it was worth it.  We are all settled in, Jarred downstairs, us upstairs, and our dog somewhere in between.  Our bed doesn't fit up the stairwell.  Our couch came in through the 2nd floor balcony and barely fit even with the doors off.  The rest of our stuff is waiting to be hauled up to the 3rd floor so I can unpack.  It will be a whirlwind but things are coming together nicely.  

A month ago, I had images of sleeping on someone's floor or worse having a baby 400 miles away from Dale.  I thought we were doomed.  But new jobs came, houses appeared, the seas parted for us.  We are now back in Seattle---for good!!! For all those that made this possible, we thank you. 

2 comments:

  1. welcome home! drop me a line if you ever want to meet up :O) (or want photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks shawna! i am always happy for a meet-up...once bean#2 arrives we will have to get lillia and him together!

    ReplyDelete